Saturday 18 September 2010

11. On the bus, Bristol City Centre to Pill - the following day

Same passenger as yesterday (voice recognised by your eavesdropper from the day before, unfortunately too late after she had sat down in front of her)

Passenger 1, female (45):  I hear children screaming at each other so I goes to the window – I live on the first floor – and they can’t be more than 7 or 8 years old, and I hear the bigger one saying “you wait till I tell my dad about you, he’ll twist your f……..ing head off”.  Well, I can’t be doing with that sort of language, but I don’t like to interfere.  The child’s mother lives next door, and she must have heard it because she put her head out the window and told him off for swearing.  Not the threat of violence, mind, just the swearing.  He scuffles about a bit, with his head hanging.  I’ve still got my head out the window after she goes back inside and slams hers, and I hear the child say again – “I f…….ing mean it”. 

It’s shocking the way children talk to each other these days, not really what one wants to hear, but of course I wouldn’t interfere.

Passenger 2, female (35):   Mmmm

-oOo-

No comments: