Friday 17 September 2010

10. On the bus, Bristol City Centre to Pill

Passenger 1, female, (45):  So I wrote to the bus company, I said it’s just not on – you left me and my son stranded unable to get home because of the demonstration in the city centre, and we had to get a taxi home.  And of course I had to buy my son something to eat because he was hungry after having to wait so long.  The least you can do is pay my expenses home, and they said….

10 minutes later...

…I rang them and they said it wasn’t their fault that there was a demonstration, that they weren’t liable for consequential loss and I said it’s disgusting, you shouldn’t be treating your customers like this.  I wasted most of an evening trying to get home…

10 minutes later...

…I wrote again and told them that if they didn’t pay for the taxi they should at least refund the bus fares.  So they sent me a voucher for £1.20…

Passenger 2, female (35):  ONE POUND TWENTY P!!!

Passenger 1 (45):  Well, it’s the principle of the thing, isn’t it, you can’t treat customers like that…

10 minutes later...

…I mean they’ve got to be taught to respect their customers and……..

(The eavesdropper had by this time lost the will to live)

-oOo-

No comments: