Monday 9 July 2012

660. On the underground/subway

One side of a mobile conversation overheard:

Young woman (30)

No, no, no, I told you seven times, SEVEN TIMES, that you have to collect her from kindergarden today...

No, no, no, you can't call me fifteen minutes beforehand and tell me you can't...

No, no, no, I told you seven times, seven.  Now I'm at the doctor's surgery, I can't....

(Noise in the background of underground train, line B:  tooooooooooot toooooooooot!!)

What toot?  I don't know what you're talking about.

Will you NOT change the subject.  Take responsibility for once in your life and do what you promised.  I'm not going to lose my doctor's appointment.

(Another toot from the train)

Loosely translated from Blogudeces de la Vida Cotidiana, with thanks to Gustavo.

-oOo-

No comments: