Friday 14 January 2011

128. On the bus, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Guy № 1 (25):  What?  All they gave you was a 500 peso credit limit? 

Guy № 2 (28):  Yeah…

Guy № 1:  That’s terrible.  I have a 5000 peso credit limit on my Mastercard, and ages ago when I got an American Express they gave me an 8000 peso credit limit, or thereabouts, and I can use it abroad – I can even use it in Uruguay…

Guy № 2:  Well (sigh) I don’t know – perhaps it’s because of my low wages.

Guy № 1: That can’t be right.  I earn 1700 pesos, and on my Mastercard I’m allowed to spend up to three times my salary, with no fee and no interest.

Guy № 2:  I don’t know… perhaps it’s because I defaulted on a debt 10 years ago…

Guy № 1:  No, that’s not right, in my opinion they should be giving you the same credit limit as everybody else.

(Gustavo’s comment:  No kid, that’s why you don’t work in credit risk assessment…)

Loosely translated from Blogudeces de la Vida Cotidiana, with thanks to Gustavo.

-oOo-

2 comments:

cathyarv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lonicera said...

Note: Previous comment was an advertisement, so I've deleted it.