Monday 12 September 2011

365. What we mean is what we don't say (5)

We say:  ....But that's just me!  (with a depracating shrug of the shoulders and a twinkle)

We mean:  I'm unique, a one-off.  Quirky and different, you could never forget me.

What it says about us:  I need to feel original, in case I'm not.

-oOo-


PS:  One year blog anniversary today!  I never know for how long I'll be able to keep finding humorous or quirky things to say - I never have more than a few weeks' worth of posts stored up at any one time.  To enable me to make entries every day they're not always original, they're chosen because they're MY humour.  I hope they give you a daily smile.

I'm also grateful to Gustavo from Blogudeces de la Vida Cotidiana for the initial inspiration and encouragement, and for allowing me to pillage some of his stories to translate into English.

No comments: