Monday 6 December 2010

89. Cat Dictionary Series (5)

Scene:  Cat Rusty is in the bathtub waiting patiently for someone to walk in.  When she eventually does, cat mews gently, and she asks solicitously whether he’s thirsty and wants some water, forthwith turning the cold bath tap on slightly.  Rusty sits there, watching the water flowing from the tap.

Translation:  Why does she always think I’m thirsty?  That’s what the dirty old pond outside is for.  I LIKE looking at water trickling down, watching it gather at the bottom in a little pool.  She’s looking at me puzzled cos I’m not drinking…. Well they go away sightseeing on holiday, never take us with them – so why shouldn’t I sightsee in the bathtub.  This is my Niagara Falls.  Now push off.

-oOo-

2 comments:

dave hambidge said...

Much enjoyed your tale of Stinky at One Stoned Crows place so called by here. Like your take on life!

I will try to call by regularly.

Best

dave

Lonicera said...

Thanks Dave! Nice comment. T'other is my main blog, this one was started to see if I could provoke a smile a day, remembering all the family stories which would otherwise be lost... and then broadening out to other stories. I much enjoy Graham's blog - it's quirky and interesting, and he's a very good snapper too.
Thanks again
Caroline